Local government transparency code 2015
NLWA publishes the information it is required to publish by the local government transparency code 2015 . This information includes details of all payments to suppliers for invoices greater than £500, the Authority’s Standing Orders and information on land and building assets the Authority uses to deliver services. Information on senior employee salary details is also available in the annual statements of accounts.
Details of the information published are listed below. Further information on the 2015 local government transparency code, including definitions is available on the .gov website
- Authority organisational chart - this is available in our annual report (and accompanying separate appendix 3)
- Authority constitution or Standing Orders are available in the Standing Orders section of this website.
- Senior employee salary details - these are available in our annual statements of accounts. The 2015/16 median salary multiple is 3.94
- Councillor allowances and expenses - The Authority does not have a scheme of paying councillor allowances and expenses.
- NLWA land holdings - the Authority's land holdings are available here with the plan attached showing the retained land at Edmonton listed on the schedule of land holdings.
- Grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations - NLWA does not offer grants, but it does make payments for reusable nappies and for reuse and recycling credits (following receipt of successful applications). These payments are identified in the monthly payments to suppliers for invoices greater than £500.
- Contracts to businesses and voluntary organisations - our contracts register provides information on contracts of over £5,000 in value and provides information on:
- The nature of each contract
- How the contract was procured
- The start, end and review date for each contract
- The supplier name and address
The current version of the contracts register, dated 1 March 2017 (operations and consultancy) and 14 June 2017 (communications and waste prevention), is separated into operations, communications, waste prevention and consultancy. Where contract values are estimated details of actual payments to individual suppliers are detailed below.
NLWA's contract with LondonEngery Ltd for waste management services is available here.
As part of all local authorities' commitment to transparency in public spending, the North London Waste Authority provides details of all payments to suppliers for invoices greater than £500, published monthly.
The reports are made available under Open Government Licence
The published data on payments to suppliers for invoices greater than £500 contains:
- Supplier name
- Description of the goods or service provided
- Date the invoice was paid
- A unique internal reference number
- An indicator identifying whether the goods or services are capital or revenue in nature
- The invoice total amount excluding VAT
It will not include personal data protected by the Data Protection Act 1998:
- Payments made to staff
- Payments which may reveal personal information about an individual
To help with accessibility, we have produced each file in two formats:
PDF: this is an easy to read formatted version. CSV: this file can be opened in a spreadsheet package such as Microsoft Excel to allow manipulation of the data.