This page provides details of restrictions in place at reuse and recycling centres (RRCs) in response to the COVID-19/coronavirus pandemic. It also includes information about other ways to dispose of or recycle your waste.
Restrictions at RRCs
If you're planning to visit your local RRC, please watch the Government advice on visiting an RRC.
Every site will have restrictions in place. This is to ensure the safety of site staff and visitors and to meet social distancing requirements. The conditions of entry for all sites are below:
- RRCs are now open to cars, bikes and pedestrians (with the exception of Hornsey Street RRC, where there is a pedestrian drop-off point). You will need a valid booking before your visit to the RRC, or entry will be refused.
- For visits in a van, please make a booking at least 24 hours in advance of your visit. Proof of residency, such as a utility bill is required for van bookings
- Please sort your items into different types before you arrive - this will minimise congestion on site
- Unless you are exempt, wear a face covering when on site
- A limited number of cars will be allowed on site at one time
- Only two people should leave the car while on site
- Visitors should wear a face covering and keep 2m from other people when on site
- Site staff will not be available to help with unloading owing to COVID-19 restrictions. Please make sure you can carry your items by yourself or with one other person assisting you. If you have a disability, and are able to show proof of that disability, please notify a member of staff who will assist you on site.
- Please treat staff with respect and follow staff instructions at all times
- If you are experiencing issues to book online, now you can call London Energy Ltd: 07483077859 Monday to Friday between 8.30 and 4.30.
- Check the latest information for the site you want to visit before you leave home
For more information about our RRCs, such as opening times or which waste items are accepted, go to our Reuse and Recycling Centres page and check details for the site you want to visit.
Household waste and recycling services
North Londoners can recycle a wide range of materials at home. Remember that larger items like cardboard boxes can be broken up into pieces and put with the rest of the recycling. Just make sure all recyclable material is clean and free from food residue first.
Reducing the spread of COVID-19
During the COVID-19/coronavirus outbreak it is particularly important to dispose of personal waste, such as used tissues, protective masks and disposable cleaning cloths properly. Visit our Safe Waste Disposal page to find out more.
If you have items that could be reused, try offering them for free/selling them online, or donating to charity. Find out more about ways to extend the life of good quality items on our Reduce, Reuse, Recycle page.
What else can I do with my waste?
Your local borough may offer bulky waste and hazardous waste collections.