Van and trailer bookings must be made at least 24 hours before your visit. Please note:
- Caged Tipper type vehicles and flatbed trucks are not allowed at our sites.
- You must bring proof of residency, such as a utility bill.
- When you make a van booking, you can only visit once on that day. You cannot visit multiple times.
- Every north London resident is allowed to book six van bookings in one year.
- Stripped vehicles need to be booked under our a van and trailer booking system. This includes any vehicle without seats fitted in the back including minibuses with seats removed and crew cab type (pick-up) vehicles.
- Wheelchair accessible vehicles do not need to book in advance. However, please be aware that you may be asked to point out any adaptations or features of the vehicle that make it a 'disabled' or 'disabled passenger' vehicle.
- If you are using a hire van, please bring proof of your hire agreement.
You can cancel your van booking if you no longer need it. Just find the email which confirms what day and time you have booked. Look down at the bottom of that email and you will see the text, "To cancel your booking please visit our cancel booking page". Click on the link on the words "cancel booking page" and follow the steps to cancel your booking.
Restrictions at RRCs
Every site has restrictions in place. This is to ensure the safety of site staff and visitors. The conditions of entry for all sites are below:
- RRCs are open to cars, bikes and pedestrians (with the exception of Hornsey Street RRC, where there is a pedestrian drop-off point).
- For visits in a van, please make a booking at least 24 hours in advance of your visit. Proof of residency, such as a utility bill is required for van bookings.
- Please sort your items into different types before you arrive - this will minimise congestion on site.
- A limited number of cars will be allowed on-site at one time.
- Only two people should leave the car while on site.
- Site staff are available to help disabled people with unloading. Please have some proof of disability with you and we will be happy to help.
- If you do not have a disability, please make sure you can carry your items by yourself or with one other person assisting you.
- Please treat staff with respect and follow staff instructions at all times.
- Check the latest information for the site you want to visit before you leave home.
- If you are visiting near to closing time, please arrive 15 minutes before the site closes. Residents arriving later than this might not be allowed in.
- Please keep children and dogs in your car or van during your visit to the RRC for their own safety.
For more information about our RRCs, such as opening times or which waste items are accepted, go to our Reuse and Recycling Centres page and check details for the site you want to visit.