Groundwork London and North London Waste Authority are hosting a Repair, Reuse and Upcycle event, as part of a north London free events series. Keen to learn how to update a tired looking piece of furniture? Thinking of throwing away a household item you no longer use? Then come along and learn the tricks of the trade for turning tired tables into trendy talking points!
You can sign up for it on Eventbrite
• 11am - 12pm Furniture Reupholstering Demonstration
Learn how to reupholster an old chair with The Barnet LOOP.
• 12pm - 1pm Weird materials: from difficult waste to interesting objects with Alex Learn how you can reuse ‘waste’ to create with local designer Alex.
• 1pm - 3pm Fabrics Upcycling Workshop Using Natural Dyes Learn how to reinvent your old soft furnishings using natural dye techniques with local designer, Elizabeth. Bring an old cushion cover or small blanket to get involved (natural fibres such as linen, cotton or hemp only and lighter colours work best!).
All Day Activities (11am - 3pm)
• Bird Box Making Workshop Learn how use ‘waste’ wood to create a bird box with Footprint for Good.
• Upcycled Wood Wonky Robot Making Workshop Learn how use ‘waste’ wood to create wonky robots with Doug from Barnet LOOP.
• Recycled Plastic Bags to Pots and Coasters Workshop Learn how to make mugs and coasters from plastic bags with Cecilia.
• Furniture Repair Advice Drop-in Meet furniture repair experts from the Loop in Barnet to get advice on how to repair your furniture at home. Bring along pictures and descriptions or any small items of furniture and free advice and guidance will be available on reuse, repair and upcycling!
Note: due to space limitations no repair will be done on-site, only advice on how to repair.
Furniture and furnishings only, no electrical goods.
FREE Local exhibitions from:
• Local Upcycling Designer, Alex
• Ecological Designer, Elizabeth