Update as of July 2020: Regis Road has since reopened.
RESTRICTED SERVICE AT RRCS AVAILABLE FROM WEDNESDAY 13 MAY FOR THOSE AT RISK OF HARM
In line with updated Government guidance North London Waste Authority (NLWA) is planning to reopen some of its RRC sites from Wednesday 13 May. This will be a restricted service for those at risk of harm from waste stored in their home. Anyone who needs to visit an RRC must book beforehand (please note that you will need an up-to-date internet browser to access the booking site - the site will not function with Internet Explorer). Information about how to book and the restrictions in place will be available here from Monday 11 May.
Please be responsible. Do not visit an RRC unless you absolutely need to.
Restrictions will be in place at the following sites:
- Summers Lane, Barnet
- Western Road, Haringey
- Hornsey Street, Islington
- King’s Road, Waltham Forest (opening on Saturday 16 May for garden waste only)
- South Access Road, Waltham Forest
- Gateway Road, Waltham Forest
Regis Road RRC in Camden will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
All RRC sites were closed at the beginning of the Government-ordered lockdown. The sites will be operating a restricted service to allow people to dispose of any household or garden waste items that are putting them at risk of harm in their home. Restrictions will be in place to ensure social distancing guidelines can be adhered to and to make sure that residents at risk of harm are able to dispose of their waste safely.
In the meantime, and for residents who are not at risk of harm from waste stored at home, NLWA is encouraging residents to:
- make the most of their household waste and recycling collections;
- use any bulky waste and hazardous waste collections offered by their local borough;
- store other items safely at home; and
- try and reduce the amount of waste they produce.
Information, advice and tips on wasting less is available here.