As part of a phased reopening, some restrictions at north London reuse and recycling centres (RRCs) will be lifted from 2 June, allowing residents to bring a wider range of waste items. In order to prepare for this change, all north RRCs will be closed on Monday 1 June and open again on Tuesday 2 June. Details of the changes are as follows:
- Residents will need to check individual sites for information about which waste types are accepted. This can be found here.
- DIY and construction waste will only be accepted at certain sites.
- A booking system remains in place for all RRCs. Slots can be booked in advance at https://bit.ly/2yBAxIL.
- Pedestrians and cyclists can now access RRCs but must also book a slot using the online booking system.
- In order to ensure their safety, site staff will not be able to assist residents with unloading. However, residents can now bring one other person with them to assist with unloading.
- NLWA asks residents to please continue to adhere to social distancing measures to protect staff and other site visitors.
In addition to making use of north London RRCs, NLWA encourages residents to make use of other waste and recycling services such as household waste and recycling collections, and any bulky waste and hazardous waste collections offered by their local borough.