You need to book a time slot to visit an RRC. We have thousands of slots available everyday. You can book up to two weeks ahead or on the day. You can also turn up at the site and a member of staff at the entrance will use a tablet to input booking details then and there, as long as there is availability.
Please note that you will need an up-to-date internet browser to access the booking site - the site will not function with Internet Explorer. If you are experiencing issues or need help to make your booking, please call the site that you want to visit within opening hours (telephone numbers are on individual RRC web pages).
Stripped vehicles will need to be booked under our van and trailer booking system. This includes any vehicle without seats fitted in the back including minibuses with seats removed and crew cab type (pick-up) vehicles.
Restrictions at RRCs
Every site has restrictions in place. This is to ensure the safety of site staff and visitors. The conditions of entry for all sites are below:
- RRCs are open to cars, bikes and pedestrians (with the exception of Hornsey Street RRC, where there is a pedestrian drop-off point). You will need a valid booking to visit to the RRC, or entry will be refused. You can either book a slot before you come, or, if we have availability, you can book with a member of staff on arrival.
- For visits in a van, please make a booking at least 24 hours in advance of your visit. Proof of residency, such as a utility bill is required for van bookings
- Please sort your items into different types before you arrive - this will minimise congestion on site
- A limited number of cars will be allowed on-site at one time
- Only two people should leave the car while on site
- Visitors should keep 2m from other people when on site
- Site staff are available to help disabled people with unloading. Please have some proof of disability with you and we will be happy to help.
- If you do not have a disability, please make sure you can carry your items by yourself or with one other person assisting you.
- Please treat staff with respect and follow staff instructions at all times
- Check the latest information for the site you want to visit before you leave home
For more information about our RRCs, such as opening times or which waste items are accepted, go to our Reuse and Recycling Centres page and check details for the site you want to visit.
The booking system has been introduced to minimise queuing time at the RRC sites, however, queues are still expected. Please don’t arrive before your confirmed slot as this will add to traffic congestion around the site and cause delays. If you arrive at the beginning of your slot you are more likely to have to queue. You can arrive at any time during your booked slot to enter the site.
You can read more about the decision to continue using a booking system.