Most of our RRCs are open for residents who have booked a slot. (Please note that the booking site is not supported by Internet Explorer).
You can find out which sites are open, and their opening hours, here.
If you're planning to visit your local RRC, please watch this video, which contains Government advice on visiting an RRC.
Booking is required
You will need a valid booking to visit any of our RRCs, even if you plan to visit on foot or by bicycle. If you do not have a valid booking you will be turned away from the site. You can book a time slot to visit an RRC here (please note that you will need an up-to-date internet browser to access the booking site - the site will not function with Internet Explorer).
The booking system has been introduced to minimise queuing time at the RRC sites, however, queues are still expected. Please don’t arrive before your confirmed slot as this will add to traffic congestion around the site and cause delays. If you arrive at the beginning of your slot you are more likely to have to queue. You can arrive at any time during your booked slot to enter the site.
You can book a slot up to two weeks ahead.
Every site will have restrictions in place. This is to ensure the safety of site staff and visitors and to meet social distancing requirements. The conditions of entry for all sites are below:
- Visitors (including pedestrians and cyclists) will need a valid booking before they leave home, or entry will be refused
- A limited number of cars will be allowed on site at one time
- Vans, trailers and pick-up trucks will not be allowed to enter
- Only two people should leave the car while on site
- Visitors should keep 2m from other people when on site
- Site staff will not be available to help with unloading –please make sure you can carry your items by yourself
- Please treat staff with respect and follow staff instructions at all times
- Only household waste (including small electrical appliances) and garden waste that can’t be stored safely at home will be accepted
- Check the latest information for the site you want to visit before you leave home
Accepted waste types
Most sites are now accepting a wider range of materials for recycling and disposal. Plasterboard, hardcore and rubble will not be accepted at all sites.
You can find more detail about what will and won’t be accepted here.
Please sort your items into different types before you arrive - this will minimise congestion on site.
What else can I do with my waste?
Please be responsible. Only visit an RRC if you really need to. You should try to make the most of your household waste and recycling collections and use any bulky waste and hazardous waste collections offered by your local borough.
Otherwise, please store items safely at home and to try and reduce the amount of waste you produce in the first place. You can find information, advice and tips on reducing your waste and making the most of household collections here.
You can find the answers to most Frequently Asked Questions here.
If you still have questions you can contact us by email or by phone on 020 8803 1322.