End of COVID pre-booking system at reuse and recycling centres
From Monday 7 November, residents visiting any north London reuse and recycling centre (RRC), excluding Barrowell Green in Enfield, only need to book if they are coming in a van.
Read more about the decision to end the COVID pre-booking system at RRCs.
Standard vehicles can visit RRCs without the need to book in advance, but van drivers still require a booking through our van and trailer booking system. This is to ensure that our RRCs are not used for the disposal of commercial waste by contractors. Our services are funded by tax payers and we want to reduce unauthorised use which can raise our costs and workload. If you’re unsure whether your vehicle needs to be booked in under the van booking system, contact us with the make and model (or photographs), and we’ll be able to confirm.
Booking is also required for stripped vehicles including any vehicle without seats fitted in the back including minibuses and crew cab type (pick-up) vehicles.
Restrictions at RRCs
Every site has restrictions in place. This is to ensure the safety of site staff and visitors. The conditions of entry for all sites are below:
- RRCs are open to cars, bikes and pedestrians (with the exception of Hornsey Street RRC, where there is a pedestrian drop-off point).
- For visits in a van, please make a booking at least 24 hours in advance of your visit. Proof of residency, such as a utility bill is required for van bookings.
- Please allow enough time to unload your rubbish and recycling before our site closes. If you arrive 10 minutes before closing time with lots of items to unload, you will not be allowed in.
- Please sort your items into different types before you arrive - this will minimise congestion on site.
- A limited number of cars will be allowed on-site at one time.
- Only two people should leave the car while on site.
- Site staff are available to help disabled people with unloading. Please have some proof of disability with you and we will be happy to help.
- If you do not have a disability, please make sure you can carry your items by yourself or with one other person assisting you.
- Please treat staff with respect and follow staff instructions at all times.
- Check the latest information for the site you want to visit before you leave home.
- Please keep children and dogs in your car or van during your visit to the RRC for their own safety.
For more information about our RRCs, such as opening times or which waste items are accepted, go to our Reuse and Recycling Centres page and check details for the site you want to visit.