If you need to dispose of medical waste such as syringes, needles, swabs, or soiled dressings, speak to your GP or pharmacist to get a ‘sharps box’ and advice on how to arrange a collection. This waste should not be put in your rubbish or recycling bins as it can harm our operational staff.
Follow the links below to find out about the free service your borough provides:
- Barnet: https://www.barnet.gov.uk/recycling-and-waste/special-collections/clinical-waste
- Enfield: https://new.enfield.gov.uk/services/rubbish-and-recycling/household-healthcare-waste-collection/
- Hackney: https://hackney.gov.uk/rubbish To organise a collection email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8356 6688.
- Haringey: https://www.haringey.gov.uk/environment-and-waste/refuse-and-recycling/hazardous-and-clinical-waste
- Waltham Forest: https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/content/arrange-hazardous-waste-collection
There are companies that offer services for commercial premises. Search online or see the waste disposal services section of the Yellow Pages or yell.com for more information.