DIY waste


DIY waste, kitchen units, bathroom units, sink, hob

If you're updating a kitchen, bathroom, or flooring at home, consider whether any elements could be reused by someone else. Use forums like Freecycle (opens in a new window) or Freegle (opens in a new window) to offer them for free, or consider selling online.

Small amounts of DIY waste and building materials can be taken to one of north London's reuse and recycling centres (RRC) where you can recycle metals, wood, hardcore material such as rubble, concrete and soil. Each north London household can take up to six standard rubble sacks of soil and six standard rubble sacks of rubble to an RRC each month. A standard rubble sack is 20” by 30” sack or equivalent. Commercial building waste cannot be taken to an RRC. For larger projects we advise hiring a skip, most skip providers will usually sort and recycle materials for you. You can check whether a company is legally allowed to carry waste on the Public Register of Waste Carriers (opens in a new window). Alternatively, you could make use of your local council's bulky collection service.