Glass bottles and jars, mixed
Most glass can be recycled in north London, please just empty and rinse items first.
Items that can be recycled
- Bottles of any colour
- Jars with lids removed
- Non-food glass bottles with lids removed e.g. perfume or aftershave
We only accept these items in your household recycling collection. We do not take other types of glass because they have different melting points to bottles/jars. If glass with different melting points gets mixed with bottle and jar glass, it causes imperfections in the end product.
Items that cannot be recycled
- Glass cookware e.g. Pyrex
- Drinking glasses
- Vases and ceramics
- Plate glass - this can be recycled at your local reuse and recycling centre (opens in a new window)
- Window glass - take this to your local reuse and recycling centre (opens in a new window) and put in the general waste container
- Light bulbs/fluorescent tubes - these can be recycled at your local reuse and recycling centre (opens in a new window)